Sunday, January 21, 2007

HK Trip Day 2(7th Jan 2007) Sunday

And so in the morning, Edmund helped me to call the bus company and taxi company to ask if anyone who happenned to find my wallet or not. My hopes for getting back my wallet were actually dashed(見財化水). But my friends consoled me and asked me to think of it as "破財擋災"..Haha..Anyway, luckily I had some spare cash in another wallet of mine, and I still had my passport and flight ticket back to Singapore~Haha..gotto really be thinking from a positive view, otherwise I could not enjoy my stay in HK since it was just the 2nd day. Since Edmund had church session, so he could not accompany me until late afternoon. I took KCR to Mongkok and had breakfast at one of the "tea restaurants"(茶餐廳).
Just a simple one, chicken sausage beehoon(雞肉腸米粉) that comes with a pineapple bun(菠蘿包) and a hot beverage(I ordered 奶茶) for HKD15. After breakfast, I just walked around at Nathan Road and then called some of my old friends to ask them when would they be free to have a Re-U gathering in any of the days in the coming week. Especially those that I had known through Social Service Group(蛇蛇豬 or SSG) where we got to know one another closer through O-camp at Wu Kai Sha(烏溪沙). Then after that I decided to go to the Chi Lin Nunnery(志連靜園) which is near the Diamond Hill MTR.


There was also another park opposite the nunnery by the name of "南連園池". Went over to walk around too. There were quite number of interesting rocks to look at over there. Since I was waiting for Edmund, so I took my time to take a look at every rock they had over there. There were also bonzai trees which looked quite amusingly old along the pathway and a distinctive gold-plated pavillion(圓滿閣) stood in the centre of the park. Took me about 3 hours plus to cover both parks and at the end of it, I went over to Hollywood Plaza to walk around and then had my lunch. Settled my lunch at Hachiban Restaurant and after I was done with lunch, I went to meet up with Edmund and we went to Causeway Bay to walk around to see if I had anything to buy or not. Went in to Sogo but the things being sold there were rather expensive even if there was a sales promotion going on. Anyway, I had nothing in mind that I wanted to buy at that moment also. Haha. We then had dessert at Hui Lau Shan(許留山).......

I had the one on the left while Edmund ordered the one on the right. Deliciously fragrant and yummy!~Haha..feeling so nice after the dessert. Cateline called me to ask if I was interested to go to her friend's(Aida) house for steamboat dinner with her family, which I said yes! So after we were done walking around in Causeway Bay, we took a bus to Aberdeen(香港仔) and then sat at a bench overseeing the river area of Aberdeen while waiting for the girls to come meet us up since they were doing their hair at saloon for the evening. Had a good time chatting with Edmund as we shared our little secrets and some recent happenings that we came across. Waited for an hour plus till the girls came and Cateline's friend's house was located at Ap Lei Chau so we could take mini van to reach there. Before going to her house, we went to the market to buy some more food for the steamboat.Upon entering Aida's house, there were already a lot of food on the table prepared by Aida's mom. The flat was not quite spacious but I could already sense that the house was filled with family warmth. Hehe. Didn't really eat much, probably due to my extreme state of fatigue. Didn't really talk much too, probably was feeling quite shy having dinner with so many people I didn't know. Haha. The food was quite nice and I  found myself kept on cooking the 肥牛. Haha..it was quick to be cooked and tasty, so I liked it alot. Edmund was really a big-eater!No wonder he could grow so tall! Hmm..Good to ask him to buffet meals then. After dinner, we watched a new TVB gameshow and by then I was totally exhausted,due to the cold weather I suppposed. We thanked Aida and her mom for the nice dinner and then I also thanked Cateline for bring me to that dinner so that I could get the warm experience of having a steamboat dinner in a HK family. Reached Edmund's house 11 plus and then his mom had boiled shark bone soup for us!~Wah...I was feeling so warm again, soup was delicious and it was my first time trying the soup. Hit the sack at about 2am after catching up with some friends on msn to inform them about my mishap over here. Haha.



No comments: