Saturday, January 20, 2007

HK trip(6th-13th Jan 2007)

Day 1(6th Jan 07)

The number lock of my big luggage was suddenly spoilt! Had to use plier to wrench the zippers off the lock and then just simply using the manual padlock. Haha. Shouldn't have bought a rather cheap luggage. Anyway, rather than taking MRT to Changi Airport(which will take an hour an a half), I took airport bus no 858 from Woodlands Regional Interchange and it took about an hour and I arrived at the airport at about 2pm. My flight was Jetstar Asia 3K695 at 3:45pm,flying from Changi Airport Terminal 1,Gate C33.Bought a pack of chocolates to be given to Edmund's parents as souvenir. Checked in one piece of luggage and it was about 13kg of weight(20 kg was the maximum).This was my first time trying budget airlines, I think for short journeys, it's still acceptable though I found that leg space was not really ample(certainly not for tall people with long legs~). And when the food/drinks trolley are pushed in by the cabin crews, you can get quite a hard time to get to the toilet which is situated at the back of the plane. I had a nice window seat which I always like, except that going to the toilet means making your neighbours stand up and go out to the alley to allow you to leave your seat. I got myself an iced Milo(for SGD2) since I didn't feel hungry. Smooth journey except a minor turbulence for shortwhile during the flight. Touched down Hong Kong Chep Lap Kok International Airport at about 7:35pm(10 minutes later than the scheduled time!).Transferred to a airport shuttle bus from the plane to the airport. Went to get my luggage and then trolley, pushing it to the arrival hall, and then Hong Kong Custom. Welcome to Hong Kong~~~Cold~~~~~Temperature was about 13 degree Celsius!! Received Edmund's phonecall that he was already waiting for me outside at the arrival hall~Soon, finally saw him and waved at him. Haha. He had bought me the Octopus Card I'd asked him to buy beforehand. Thanks! Haha, and then we went to 7-11 at the airport because I wanted to get a prepaid card. Got myself a New World SIM card(HKD60). Bought ham and egg sandwich too since I was feeling quite hungry that time. Then he helped me pull my big luggage and we headed to the airport city bus stop and waited for the bus to his house at Tai Po. We took Long Win Bus no E41 to Tai Po(HKD13.50) and it took about an hour to reach Kwong Fuk Road. We had Indian food there, where I ordered Curry Beef Brisket with Rice. It was suprisingly quite tasty! Yummy! After we were done with the dinner, from there, we took the green cab(HKD12.50) to go back to his house since we had luggage with us. His house is a condominium in Tai Po, by the name "Classical Gardens Phase II", accessible by green mini van and also the condominium's shuttle bus itself. Arrived at his house about 11 something and then greeted his parents. They are both retirees by the way. Settled down and unpack some of my stuffs and I'd be sleeping in the study room on a foldable airchair-bed! Quite comfy actually.And then it came as a great shock to me after my shower, as I suddenly couldn't find my wallet that contained my Malaysia ID, the Octopus Card and my HKD2000 cash~~~~Could not sleep well that night and had to hope that somebody kind enough to pick up the wallet and return to me.

No comments: