Friday, February 24, 2006

KTV in Klang Valley

I didn't know that singing ktv in Petaling Jaya(Sunway/The Curve) is more expensive than that in Kuala Lumpur generally. Seems like PJ has really developed a lot and I am really proud of my hometown. It's gonna attain city status soon this year, and Malaysia has ten cities so it's gonna make its residents special. Haha, anyway, I am gonna have gathering with some A Level ex classmates tonight at Redbox Low Yat Plaza. Haven't seen them for two years already. One of them is my ex-girlfriend too. Haha, oh well I guess it should be alright. Anyway, the KTV charges per head for Redbox in Low Yat(KL area) is RM35++ per head(exclusive of 10% government tax and 5% service charge) and the titbit charge of RM10 for two persons.
But it's cheaper than singing KTV in Neway in Berjaya Times Square(KL area) which is RM45++ per head and RM9 titbit charge for two persons, as well as Redbox in Sunway/The Curve which is RM44++ per head. Yeah, when I called them to make enquiries, the staff talked in Cantonese, so I had to talk to them in Cantonese to make my questions answered. Haha, for those who don't know, KL and PJ people in Malaysia are more likely able to converse in Cantonese, since many people migrated here in ancient times from Guangzhou and Hong Kong. But as for people in Penang, my friend said that people can speak Cantonese there, but I don't seem to hear it being widely spoken, because what I think is that Hokkien(Fujian dialect or Min3 Nan2 Yu3) is the main Chinese dialect used there. Since I can't speak Hokkien, then I had to use English and Mandarin to speak there to order food and get me around.

No comments: