Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Penang trip photos are up in myspace

Yeah, I have uploaded some photos of my trip in Penang, you can check this link out http://spaces.msn.com/travelling1981/ . Haven't got time to do the same with the Langkawi photos yet, probably will do it over the weekend when I can get internet access using my lappie at home. The trip in Langkawi was superb! It was really nice lor....I took a boat trip from Penang to Langkawi and it took about 2 hours and a half to reach the jetty in Kuah. The daily boat trips from Penang to Langkawi are only at 8.30am and 8.45am. I took the 8.30am one. The single way is RM45 but I bought the return boat trip Penang-Langkawi-Penang for RM80. The ferry trip was pretty stable but it was just that it got me all wet and salty as I came out of the cabin seats to appreciate all the natural beauty along the way since the boat was not high after all. Met a Swiss lady and we went to travel around in Langkawi together. Haha, as I said, don't get the wrong idea, she is old enough to be my mother, 56 years of age la. We rented a Proton Iswara(RM50 per day, deposit of RM50) , and I was declared the chauffeur for next two days in our Langkawi trip. What I heard of was that two days were the minimum days you are allowed to rent the car, but it seems that when I was there to rent, they said it was up to me. Anyway, I rented it for two days. Drove half an hour from Kuah town(southern Langkawi) to the guesthouse I will be staying, which is in Pantai Cenang(Gecko Guesthouse). This guesthouse costs me RM25 per night with attached bathroom, it was pretty good also as it is very near to the beach. The guesthouse belongs to a Caucasian lady, with another Dutch guy and a Malay guy working there as assistants. The Swiss lady which I met also stayed in the same guesthouse since we shared the renting cost for the car and it would be quite inconvenient for her or me to stay elsewhere.

No comments: