Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Abstinence from Materialism

There are plenty of investment schemes available in the market, and all the agents are more than willing to provide you with the best explanation and information just to do your business. But when you already have a loan to service, then you had better think twice before even arranging to meet with the agents. Sometimes, we think hard to see which area we can invest in so that it can make our money work harder, but then again, I have my doubts. Even though I'm already engaged on a life-long investment-linked life policy with AIA, I am pretty sure that if I were to buy any additional investment plans. So far I got a call from IPP Investment and OCBC-Great Eastern Life each, and both of the staffs were actually asking me to meet them up to discuss over my financial needs and plannings. Anyway, I rejected them. I am no longer financially capable of any further investment for the time being, so I didn't want to waste our times and resources should there be any meet-up. Yah what. Oh ya, I actually severed ties with a friend of mine because he kept on ringing me up to ask if I'm free to meet him up for similar thing. But I didn't like the way he asked me, over a period of a three months, he was quite persistent in coaxing me into listening to him about his company and its investment schemes. Heck, I really got no time for that, I have a 6-day week job and then I am pretty uninterested in meeting him if he just wants to talk about that. So I didn't delete his phone number on my hp, in fact I even saved his office number. Do you know why is that so? Because when he's calling me, I will know that it's him who's calling so I will straight away ignore his calls. I don't want this to happen, but right now I just don't like his voice at all.

Yeah, abstinence from materialism, I know it's very very tough. If one has less wants, then it's for sure that he can save more. But some money is meant to be spent as long as convenience is concerned. That's a premium you pay for convenience. With extra convenience, comes comfort. And when you pay more money for extra convenience, you save less money. Then you will end up with less money savings for rainy days. Paradoxically, with the extra convenience, you may have leading a high life, with good level of comfort, and thus there's a possibility that your efficiency in doing an assignment will be higher.For work wise, that would lead to a promotion and then a payrise?Haha yeah, this is kinda vague and all based on possibilities without substantiated research. Life is not complicated actually, if you know how to carry yourself well. I am still in the process of abstaining myself from unnecessary material wants. Yeah, the latest gizmo that is. If I save enough money every month, abstaining myself from buying these gadgets, one or two year down the road then I can consider a housing investment in Malaysia, for which the place would be somewhere as near to my house as possible. That'd be in Klang Valley. Let's see how then.

No comments: