Monday, January 30, 2006

Wang~wang~wang! Happy Chinese New Year 2006!

It's the time of the year again, where family members, relatives and friends congregate and spend time together updating one another about how one has been doing for the past year, whether good or bad times, and also for some people, it's the time to show off their possessions to peers. To cite an example, you can see how well-off a person has become by seeing the car they drive to your home during Chinese New Year visiting. Haha, anyway, I am the happiest this new year even though I am out of job now, but that one is not of a big problem since I know I would be able to clinch a new job again very soon. I have adequate confidence. The decision to resign from my company was considered a major one, it was rather a difficult decision to make since it was my first job and I always thought that I should have gotten at least a year's work experience before job-hop to another company. I actually felt unhappy working in the company and the urge to leave the company had become stronger as messiness and its disorganisation began to unfold. I didn't give a month's notice to the company as stipulated in the contract that I signed with the company as my boss believed that there's no point holding an employee for another month because he had no intention of working for the company already.

Okay. I won quite a lot of money playing Blackjack with my cousins and my uncle on the 1st day of Chinese New Year. Yeah, I guess this is a good sign since that's a prosperous start. Haha, oh well, I only gamble with them once a year, but it's actually considered not a lot of money being gambled after all, since I don't really quite like to gamble, otherwise I would be on my way to Genting to gamble by now since my luck seems to be quite good apparently.

Just came back from visiting my relative who is turning 95 years old this year. My family must pay him a visit once a year during Chinese New Year. He seems to have grown weak this year, he had to depend on crutches this year to walk out from his room. He still seems alert though, but not as chatty as before. Thin and some part of his skin seemed rather black, probably due to dead skin. Hmm...

No comments: