Saturday, December 23, 2006

Am I becoming a workaholic?

A sense of achievement. Is it really worth you spending your time slogging in the office from 7.30am until 4am the next morning?This was actually what I did last Wednesday when the FTMS project had to be completed quickly to meet the tight schedule ahead. I did not see the sun the entire day! Perhaps I am really hoping for a good yearly annual increment and bonus coming this April which will be based on my senior department manager's assessment on my performance at work. I always remind myself that since I am in this line by on-the-job training and not training by education, I gotto do triple amount of homework compared to others. Especially at the incipient phase of my job, I think there's a need to see the job as a career, see it under the positive light.

Dinner on Thursday was at Crystal Jade Macau Cafe Restaurant(@Seiyu Bugis)-it was Curry Beef Brisket in Capsicum with Noodles and watercress honey drink. Nice dinner~~~, and then yesterday I had to order a takeaway at Yoshinoya(yes,again) and brought back to office to eat with my colleague SM who's also rushing for project before going on a long year-end holiday with her family. Tomorrow she's flying from Senai airport and since she's going to bring back a lot of luggage, she'll be taking a cab from Singapore(Toa Payoh) directly to Senai and it's about SGD50. Does anyone of you reading this know any other cheaper taxi rates for the same destination? Let me know.

Heard from my senior department manager(Felicia) that she was hit by a car whose driver was drunk long time ago so she has lost 50% of her arm strength. She has to undergo minor surgeries from time to time as complications keep on coming up. So friends,be more careful at night when standing at the pavement waiting to cross the road. Otherwise, there may be unprecedented consequences that is beyond imagination.

No comments: