Thursday, December 14, 2006

Morale-boosting

Great! I could make use of it to pay off my loan partially although it's not much. Thanks JD Power. I will look forward to April '07 for brighter news. Hehehe..

Meanwhile, yesterday's dinner was at Vivocity's newly open Hong Kong Kim Gary with Racer. Supposed to be the first outlet in Singapore while there are plenty alraedy in HK and Malaysia. I would rate a 7.5 out of 10 for the food quality there as I slowly took bites on the chicken steak baked rice with swiss cheese and white sauce. And I've been wondering what sauce the white sauce was. Haha. The red sauce picked by Racer was tomato sauce. Service wise was just fairly acceptable as I need to make several calls of request for the things ought to be present on the table. Hmmm..Cards were not acceptable yet, so we paid in cash. The Christmas tree at the main entrance spotted a groovy design, but overall it's quite presentable and special, not like the hideous xmas decorated trees you could see right outside Plaza Singapura.

As for today, OT-ed and ate at Macs again. Were served by a Malay service attendant, exchanged some small talks,friendly person, not like the Chinese in his mid-40s who took my order at the same outlet two weeks ago, he didn't bother to give a smile at all. After finishing my dinner, I made effort to throw my rubbish myself and not leaving it on the table. Haha, maybe after reading the news article on Today recently so I felt like upholding my long-lost civic-mindedness again..Haha..Oh well, that's a good and proud feeling to have after all.

Took train home as I pondered how to structure my presentation on how to do the mTab final materials tomorrow. It's within my grasp almost completely, and it just needs a finishing touch where I could make use of an hour's time or less tomorrow morning. Voices in my head are telling me to be ambitious and stay positive to embrace new challenges with open arms for the betterment of my personal market value.

Submitted application form to NUS Extension for Basic Conversational Korean I. Going to take that course with Molly on every Tuesday 7-9:30pm from 27th Feb 07 onwards, which is right after my CNY holiday at home, but for beginning of the year, there won't not be a deluge of projects so I reckon I should be able to manage the course well. Sooner or later, you will see me typing Korean in MSN nick or even keying in my thoughts here. Haha. Still putting my Japanese language learning to shelf, not knowing when to continue that. Molly is doing hers at JCS, but I think for a year, she has not learned the Kanji words yet, which I think should be learned from the beginning as well, together with the Hiragana and Katakana writing system. Oh..having inflammation is rather torturous, maybe it is a sign of ageing. Tsk tsk tsk.

No comments: