Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Time of the Year

It's the time of the year where resolutions are made so that we are much better off year after year. Nevertheless, I have yet to think of any yet, but I will kick off year 2007 by a 8 days 7 night trip to Hong Kong. Yes, the HKSAR. I absolutely love the country to the max!! No kidding, I have ever thought of maybe going there once a year, provided my best HK friend welcomes me all the time! So I should always think of a high value investment in birthday present that I mail to him yearly since 2004. *evil laughs* . Edmund, as I call him, is a really friendly and caring friend. He has come to Singapore for a few times and actually thinks that it's a much cleaner place than HK so that's why he prefers Singapore. He seems to like spicy food here and me too! Haha. we can get along very well, so I'm seriously looking forward to staying at his house and meeting his family. His house is at Tai Po, a town located in New Territories, which is not near to the Hong Kong Island. But then again, staying with a HK foster family is my first time and then I suppose not much people can get to experience that so I indeed feel so privileged. Planning to go to Disneyland to see what is it like since I don't have the budget to go to the real Disneyland in the Florida or even Tokyo Disneyland.

Now I am thinking whether I should drop by at Guangzhou/Shenzhen or not since Malaysians have to apply for visa to get into China. About SGD80 for a single entry visa and then about HKD200(SGD40) for a return bus ticket fare. And a one-day trip would suffice according to one of my friend who's a new immigrant from China in HK. New immigrant as in her parents emigrated from China to HK while she was still a toddler. This community is termed like that in HK for those people. Well, I need to go to those places that I have never been to yet in HK, such as Cheung Chau Island, Sai Kung, some good restaurants in Tsim Sha Tsui along Nathan Road,
and some other interesting places that I will find out by borrowing travelling books from Woodlands Regional Library. Will meet some of my friends whom I have met there and happen to be able to click with me, as compared to others. Edmund, as I mentioned earlier, Nelson, Winnie, Carmen,Connie, Michelle, Fiona, Jerry,Candice. And then maybe I will go visit City University of Hong Kong and other universities if there's time. Not forgetting The University of Hong Kong which is such a nostalgia to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey the winnie sounds familiar... haha.

wish4ver

gambattester said...

wish4ver:
Haha, well, I should include one more Winnie in the list if I happen to be able to meet that Winnie which you are talking about of sounding familiar to you.