Sunday, December 10, 2006

Things to spend money on for HK trip

1) Octopus card HKD150(refundable deposit of HKD50)

2) A prepaid card from 7-11 HKD100

3) Museum pass(for the primary museums) HKD50

4) Cheung Chau trip(2 way ferry fare from Central Pier)/Poi To Islands-Need to do research on the fare

5) Disneyland-Regular Day HKD295, but I have a friend whose mum's colleague knowing a staff working there, so it's gonna be in the range of HKD100-150.

6) Pigging out in HK-this time I'm gonna be serious in looking for great food...as a starter, I will go to the Golden Seafood Restaurant(somewhere near Tin Hau) and eat the lobster and crab which has been recommended by my friend as delicious and affordable! And at least one famous Dim Sum restaurant.

7) Lan Kwai Fong-Hei hei Club, Edge, Sugar or Club No 9

8) 1-2 day trip to Guangzhou/Shenzhen, but that would be a single entry visa application of SGD80 plus a two-way bus trip costing HKD200. But I think it might be cheaper to catch a bus from Shenzhen bus terminal if there's one as I will be staying in Tai Po which is quite near the PRC border. I think perhaps I can go to Shenzhen to visit the touristy sports like "Windows of the World" , "Splendid China" and "China Folk Culture Village" if time and money allow.

9) Concert in Coliseum? Hmm, I haven't checked whether there is any particular singer whom I like will be staging concerts in Coliseum when I am in HK...gotto follow up on that soon.

10) Sai Kung Country Park-some outdoor activities-cycling

11) Steamboat with Edmund and his family at home, yeah HK people like to have steamboat during winter season, perhaps I can spend around HKD 200-HKD300 to buy all the ingredients or bring them out to a restaurant to have lunch/dinner.

12) Shopping at Tsim Sha Tsui/Nathan Road/HarbourCity/Mongkok/Causeway Bay/Yau Ma Tei....I wanna buy some nice working shirts there which has special/groovy designs. But it can't be so groovy that it will look gayish. Haha. Some souvenirs and titbits for friends and family.

13) A new digital Camera? Panasonic Lumix FX50. Canon Ixus is not bad, but I think the image stabilisation mode for Panasonic has an unbeaten track record. And I prefer the wide angle 28 mm and the 3 inches LCD screen so that everyone can be captured in the photo without much difficulties. 3.6x optical zoom should be better too. About SGD400-500.

14) Hong Kong Island
a)The University of Hong Kong @ Pok Fulam. Back to my alma mater where I studied for one semester(4 months). Gonna make a tour to see how it has developed.
b) Causeway Bay-carefree shopping and sing K at Green Box(since in Malaysia we have Red Box and Neway already =>)
c) Central-meet up with a friend for lunch who's working there.
d) Wan Chai-Golden Bauhinia that area.

15) Sheung Wan/Kennedy Town- to hunt for nice dried goods for my mom and granny.

15) Lantau Island
a) Ngong Ping 360-should be a breathtaking revolving cable car trip from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping-new touristy spot this year.

16) Lei Yue Mun-to take photographs of the tranquil fishing village

Places that I have been to and won't be going most probably:
a) Victoria Peak
b) Stanley Beach
c) Shek O-I think I had a BBQ orientation party there under German Association.
d) Po Lin Monastery & Mui Wo(had seafood there b4)-Lantau Island
e) Tsuen Wan(Yunnan Ma La super spicy noodles shop)
f) Lamma Island
g) Wong Tai Sing Temple
h) Shatin Race Course

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee. this is definately a gd guide for me. ;)

wish4ver

gambattester said...

wish4ver:
Haha, well, trust me on this, you will see how reliable this guide is when you are actually there.Remember to bring winter clothing along otherwise you will really shiver.